Happiness does not happen to us, it happens by us. That is, by our specific intentions.
The Secret Smile is a simple and powerful meditative technique for cultivating happiness, to improve your health, your work, your relationships and your outlook on life. To practice the Secret Smile, follow these steps:
- Sit quietly and relax, until you have reached an emotionally neutral state.
- Recall a specific event in your past that made you genuinely happy. (It is important to choose an event, rather than thinking abstract thoughts that should make you happy.)
- Feel the effects of this happy memory throughout your entire body.
- Gradually let go of this memory, until the smile has disappeared from your face, but the feeling of happiness otherwise remains present in your body.
- Hold on to this feeling for a few minutes.
- Relax, and return to an emotionally neutral state.
With sufficient practice, you can learn to trigger the hormonal release directly and immediately, and experience a new level of emotional freedom.
I’m a big believer in active meditation versus passive meditation, for myself, that is.
I find Tai Chi and Yoga are great for that too.
I just go rub one out, that makes me smile
Thanks for a great entry into the Subjective Well-Being carnival!!! All the best,