Martial Arts for Personal Development
Martial arts are among mankind’s oldest and most effective holistic self-improvement disciplines. When used to their full potential, martial arts offer far more than personal self-defense skills; they cultivate a wisdom and mind-body harmony that can literally change every aspect of your life for the better.
My name is Chris, and I have studied the martial arts for several years. I created Martial Development to share my interest in these time-tested practices, and discuss the benefits they offer to stressful modern lifestyles:
- Health, strength and fitness
- Intellectual and emotional intelligence
- Leadership, confidence and personal empowerment
- Efficiency and peak performance
- Meditation and spiritual cultivation
- Effective responses to fear, anger, violence and discord
Along the way, we’ll correct some of the popular misconceptions about martial arts.
You don’t need to retire to a quiet monastery, or join a fight club to gain from the study of martial arts. You can get started here and now. Are you ready to begin the journey?
More about this blog:
- Give Thanks to Your Blogging Inspirations
- Free WordPress Theme: Ninja Scroll
- Fun Facts About the Author
Note: Except where specifically indicated otherwise, all articles on this website are written by myself.
I occasionally accept books, DVDs, and other materials related to martial arts for possible review. No products are guaranteed a review or mention on the blog. Contact me with a description of your product to arrange delivery.
Martial Development accepts relevant, high-quality articles from guest authors on a case-by-case basis. Contact me for terms. Do not submit unsolicited content without prior arrangement–it will be ignored.
* These messages must pass multiple spam filters before they reach me. Occasionally, a legitimate message is lost. If you expected and did not receive a reply after 3 days, please try again or leave a comment.
** Do you have a question about the Seattle Martial Arts Club? It may have already been answered on the mailing list; please check before asking again.