I hereby announce my latest group writing project, to encourage contemplation and discussion on the subject of martial arts.
- Compose an original haiku about martial arts or a related discipline.
- Post the haiku on your own blog or website.
- Send a pingback. This should happen automatically if you link to this post; if not, you can include the address of your poem(s) in a comment below.
Haiku is a form of Japanese poetry, consisting of three unrhymed lines. The seventeen syllables of a haiku are arranged in a 5-7-5 pattern.
Staring, confused, at
his teeth on the ground. It worked
in the Octagon?
“A true ninja always eats
Your haiku may be lyrical or literal, beautiful or brusque, but contest entries must not identify any living person by name.
Prizes and Rewards
- Participants in my previous writing project were informed, entertained, and possibly enlightened. Past performance does not guarantee future results, but…who knows?
- The best haiku by each participant will be featured in a separate post. Each will be accompanied by a link to the participant’s website.
- One lucky winner, chosen at random, will receive a Deluxe 忍者セット (Ninja Play Set), including: two plastic katana, one wakizashi, one tanto and one shuko.
(Not the Ninja Play Set!)
- Multiple haiku compositions are welcome, but will not increase your chances of winning.
- Contest entries must be received by June 22, 2007.
- Eligibility for the Ninja Play Set is limited to adult residents of the USA. Cash value 210円.
Good luck, and have fun!
Update: The contest is over… but additional submissions are welcome!